For Immediate Release (2-11-19)
The Bluebird Foundation announced that the spring grant
application process has begun. Applications are available at www.bluebirdfoundation.org and
are due April 10, 2019.
The $500 grants available to apply for are:
- C.M. “Bud” Schultz Music Award (1)
- Big Daddy’s-Jim Stellmaker Brass Award (2)
- Rose Mary Harmeier Hoene Dance Awards (1)
- John D. Munsell Theater Award (1)
- Bluebird Vocal Award (1)
- Ray Wolffe Award (1)
- Michael Baker Percussion Award (1)
- Bob Schroeder Entrepreneur Award (1)
- JCC Services Twin Ports Award. (1)
- Additional information about the individual grants is available on the Bluebird web site.
Spring grants will be awarded on Sunday, April 28th at the Black Woods Conference Center in Proctor at 1PM.
The Bluebird Foundation is a 501 C (3) whose mission statement is “To be an advocate for area youth in the performing arts and to create awareness of the power of the arts to enhance self-esteem, to increase understanding of others, and to improve academic performance.”
To date the foundation has awarded nearly $40,000 to area high school aged kids in the performing arts.